Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 18, 2010

Women of the Bible

First of, a quick disclaimer, this is the first time I have even blogged about a Bible study of any kind and I am taking a step way out of my comfort zone. This past Wednesday I started a Bible study discussing the Women in the Lineage of Christ. The 5 women we will be studying about are Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. This study will run from now until almost the end of July. I am really excited about the study and cannot wait to see what I discover on my own and learn from the other women in the group.

So far, I have done a little bit of studying about Tamar. Who would have known the Bible held some trash? If you are interested in reading her story, you can find it in Genesis 38: 1-30. So far I have only read her story and looked at the different people that are a part of her story. Let me just say though, times were TOUGH! It appears that if you were wicked in God's eyes, your were killed. Just imagine what it would be like if our daily lives ran like that of the Old Testament! I hope to be able to report more back about Tamar the more I study.

0 comments: