Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, July 5, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler


-2 1/2 cups blackberries
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup milk
-1/2 cup butter, melted

1.) In a medium bowl, mix the blackberries and sugar.  Let this sit for about 20 minutes or until a syrup forms.  Heat oven to 375.

2.) In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk.  Stir in the melted butter until blended.  Spread in ungreased 8-inch square dish.  Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.

3.) Bake 45-55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ooooh my mum makes this in summer - just have to wait 5 months *wail*

sheila said...

Same recipe I used, minus the letting the berries sit for 30 minutes. I have nothing left to show for the efforts 8 hours later!

sheila said...

Same recipe I used, minus the letting the berries sit for 30 minutes. I have nothing left to show for the efforts 8 hours later!