Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turkey Ham, Spanish Rice, and Green Beans

So I figured I would start adding meal ideas to my blog. I am hoping this will inspire me to start cooking more. With the summer coming up I can also venture out and try new recipes. We tried something new tonight that I HAD to blog about because it was so good! We had Jenni-O Turkey Ham for dinner and it was delish!
We were hesitant at first but it was really good. Landon thought it was a hot dog cut up so score there! He had 3 servings! The best part is the nutritional information:
Nutrition (per serving)
Serving Size 56 g
Calories 70
Calories From Fat 30
Total Fat 3.0 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Trans Fat .0 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 500 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1 g

Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 0 %
Vitamin C 2 %
Iron 4 %
Calcium 0 %

In addition, we had green beans brought to you by...
We also has Spanish Rice. It was really easy to make! Put a can of cubed tomatoes in juice in a saucepan with a little bit of salt and pepper and let them simmer for a little while.
Next take 1 1/2 cups rice and add the tomatoes + water (tomatoes and water should equal 2 1/4 cups) and mix them together.

I used a rice steam and after about an hour I ended up with this:

Serve it all up and you have a good meal!

2 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

I've had Jennie O's turkey roast, but never their ham. Looks good. I'm glad you're blogging about meals again... loved it when you did that on Myspace.

ohAmanda said...

I love a new meal! YUM.