Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roni and Cheese! It's What's For Dinner!

Velveeta Shells and Cheese! Want to make a 2 year-old named Landon happy? Make his favorite thing to eat. He was so excited when he saw me take the box out of the pantry. He gobbles this stuff up. The greatest thing is that it comes in a "reduced" fat option. YAY!
Don't think we are only having macaroni and cheese for dinner. I am also making BBQ chicken and broccoli. I LOVE the Steamfresh frozen veggies. Especially when I find a coupon for them and they are on sale. What's not to love about taking a bag out of the freezer, doing nothing to it other than popping it in the microwave and pushing some numbers? Then, VIOLA! you have steamed broccoli.
I promise to start posting some recipes soon. I had this week's menu planned out before I decided to start blogging about food again so no new recipes this week. I do have a LONG (think multiple pages) list of things I am planning on trying.

I also am going on the great bread machine search. I am excited about the thought of making my own bread. I am hoping we do not have a faculty meeting tomorrow so I can hit up some consignment/thrift stores to see if they have a new to me bread machine. If not...I will do it the old fashioned way in the oven until I can save money to buy a new one.

If you have any recipes or foods you would like for me to "showcase" let me know! I would be happy to try out something on my family!

In other news, we are down to just fingers left of school days! As of today, we have 10 more days until I can say goodbye to those little brats...I mean wonderful students for the summer!

0 comments: