Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Smashed Potatoes


I got this wonderful idea from Pioneer Woman Cooks and adapted it to fit us.
Basically you take potatoes, boil them and then smash them. I put a thin layer of olive oil on the pan so they wouldn't stick. I then took a potato masher and smooshed the potatoes. I brushed a little bit of olive oil on top and added salt and pepper. I let them bake for about 30 minutes at 350F. After that I put some cheese on top and stuck them back in for a few minutes to let the cheese melt. We added sour cream later.
These turned out great! The above picture doesn't do them justice. They are a lot like baked potatoes only better! They have that little bit of crunch on the peel that is needed to make they oh so yummy!

1 comments:

ohAmanda said...

It is ridiculous how good that looks! So you boiled them AND baked them? YUM.