Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Reading

Since it is the summer I have decided to do some luxury reading as I would like to call it. During the school year I really only have time to read what I am required to read for my Master's. Now that I have a little more time on my hands I am doing more reading for me. I just got done reading this book:
It was WONDERFUL! I wasn't sure I would like it at first since it deals with history, but it had a twist to it that did not let me put it down. It is a 661 page book and I read it in 3 days. That is pretty good considering I still am working on my Master's and have a 2 1/2 year old running around! The best thing is that this book is also a movie. Thanks to Netflix David and I will be watching it tonight. I cannot wait to compare it to the book.

I just picked these two up from the library:

The above book is about a 20 something year old man how has Asperger's (high functioning Autism). From what I have skimmed, it seems he is a math genius. I am ready to read it and get into his mind!The Constant Princess is written by the same author as The Other Boleyn Girl so I know it should be good. I believe it is about Queen Katherine (King Henry VIII's first wife who he divorced).

I am not sure which I will read first but I am excited about them both!

3 comments:

A Big Ball of Stress said...

Ohhh I wanna read Born on a blue day! I dont remember where I saw it..but I remember seeing him in an interview awhile back. But I still have a book on autism I need to finish, about a guy who was born autistic and recovered. Let me know how Born is!

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie of The poTher Bloeyn Girl, so I got out a Philippa Gregory book from the library. It's called Zelda's Cut. It's set in modern day, and I think I'd probably like her historical stuff better. Plus it's a little racy for my taste!

It's just so exciting to me that this author is making it big so that people know I didn't make Pippa's name up - hooray! Now we just need an author called Romilly and I'll be all set :)

Anonymous said...

(Yikes! Sorry for not proofreading - where'd all those crazy typoes come from???)